Our goalWe will study terms, commands, and operation of a sailboat to become a confident sailboat skipper with a Sail Canada certification.
Group size and durationGroups of 2 to 4 people will complete this course. Basic Cruising Standard course is 30 hours of instruction, including 20 hours of coached sailing, 8 hours of sailing theory, and a 2 hour written exam.
Materials and examsWe will use the Sail Canada text book “Basic Cruising Skills” by Gillian West. Your time sailing will culminate in one practical sailing exam and one in-class written exam. If you wish for the learning material to be mailed to you please send your mailing address.
Proof of COVID19 vaccination REQUIRED unless the students are from the same household. Masks are required for indoor lessons.
Starting September 22, 2021 the school will operate for about 4 weeks on the following schedule:
- Weekday lessons start at 10:00. Unfortunately, there will be no lessons on weekends until few details clarified.
- First block 10:00 to 12:00, Second block 13:00 to 15:00, Third block 16:00 to 18:00
- Basic Cruising Course, Start Keel Boat Sailing Course, can be booked as two consecutive blocks so that one day session will be 5 hours long.
- Private Skill Development lessons can be booked as one or two blocks per day subject to availability.
- One group should be not less than 2 students and not more than 4 students.
- Conflicts of booking will be resolved as best as possible with the students and instructor participation.